The Dubois County Leadership Academy has selected the members of its 2013 class and is set to begin on Friday, April 5, at the Tri-County YMCA in Ferdinand.
The Leadership Academy is a collaborative effort between government leaders in Ferdinand, Huntingburg, and Jasper, as well as with Ferdinand and Jasper’s HomeTown Competitiveness initiatives, VUJC, and the Dubois County Community Foundation.
Class members will meet a total of six to seven times (four hour sessions) with leadership essentials, problem solving, government and public service, business/entrepreneurship, communications, and religious and civic leadership being the primary class topics.
The academy will culminate with the presentation of group capstone projects and a graduation ceremony in early August.
The Dubois County Leadership Academy Class of 2013 is (in alphabetical order):
- · Debbie Beckman, Tri-Cap
- · Tricia Claridge, Memorial Hospital
- · Carie Dick, City of Jasper
- · Josh Gunselman, Dubois Probation
- · Jackie Hilgartner, Kimball Electronics
- · Nicole Hurrle, Dubois County Community Foundation
- · Bridgette Jarboe, Dubois County GOP
- · Kelly Johnson, VUJC student
- · Nathan Mathies, Best Home Furnishings
- · Mike Mattingly, Kimball
- · Jessica Mehringer, Tri-Cap
- · Jacob Memmer, German American
- · Rob Mendell, City of Huntingburg
- · Ashlee Niehaus, Purdue Extension
- · Ryan Schuetter, Stermberg
- · Nick Stevens, Huntingburg, Chamber of Commerce
- · Rebecca Zehr, Masterbrand