The tower at Holiday World’s new Santa’s Merry Marketplace is now complete.
This morning, in a “topping ceremony,” a 10-story crane lifted the top half of the nearly six-story tower into place.
“In the theme-park industry, we like to celebrate placing the highest piece of a new ride or building into place,” says the park’s president, Matt Eckert. “Today’s ceremony also marks the start of the one-month countdown to the Opening Day of our 73rd season.”
Santa’s Merry Marketplace is part of the park’s investment of $5.5 million for the 2019 season, including:
- Santa’s Merry Marketplace, with five serving stations offering varying menus, plus Candy Cane Confectionary, Sugarplum Scoop Shoppe, and the Polar Expresso
- New “Kids World” event for five weekends starting in mid-August
- Track improvements to 720 feet of The Voyage, the world’s second-longest wooden roller coaster
- On-ride photos for Gobbler Getaway dark ride
- Candy Cornucopia store and Dippin’ Dots Sundae Shop in the Thanksgiving section
- Four additional Cabanas
“With Santa’s Merry Marketplace, we’ll start a new tradition at Holiday World, as Santa Claus greets park Guests each morning from the tower’s balcony,” says Eckert. “We also preserved our iconic Santa murals from the past restaurant to help decorate Santa’s Merry Marketplace.”
Menu changes throughout Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari include a total of 110 new items, half of which are in Santa’s Merry Marketplace, which will feature Asian Cuisine, Pizza & Pasta, Deli Sandwiches, Kids Favorites, American Grill, and a show kitchen for candy making. Menus parkwide, available at HolidayWorld.com/Food, include continued attention to vegetarian, gluten-free, and allergen-friendly options.
Holiday World opens for the season on May 4; Splashin’ Safari’s opening day is the following weekend. Season Passes for 2019 are discounted at their lowest prices through May 3. For more information, visit HolidayWorld.com or call 1-877-463-2645.