The Next Act, in collaboration with Dubois County Tourism, Dubois County Community Foundation, the City of Jasper, Jasper Chamber of Commerce, and Jasper Arts Center, is now in the running to bring a 10 to 12 week live music series to Jasper during the summer of 2018.
Sponsored by the Mortimer & Mimi Levitt Foundation, a national foundation dedicated to strengthening the social fabric of America through free live music, Jasper hopes to qualify as one of 15 winning places competing in the Levitt AMP Grant Awards.
The Levitt AMP Grant Awards are an exciting matching grant opportunity created by the Levitt Foundation to serve small to mid-sized towns and cities with populations up to 400,000. Up to 15 nonprofits will receive $25,000 each in matching funds to produce their own Levitt AMP Music Series—an outdoor, free concert series featuring a diverse lineup of professional musicians.
The Next Act submitted the proposal for Jasper. The proposed venue site is located along the Patoka River on the East side of the Dave Buehler Plaza. Beginning November 1, Jasper’s proposal will be posted on the Levitt AMP website for public voting at http://levittamp.org.
A successful campaign for Jasper depends on community participation to get as many online votes as possible to bring the concert series to town. Community support, as measured by the number of online votes received, will be one of the key factors when the Levitt Foundation selects up to 15 winners.
Supporters are asked to visit https://grant.levittamp.org/ voter-registration-page/ to register and vote. Online public voting is open November 1 and ends November 20 at 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time. The Top 25 finalists will be selected through online public voting. The Levitt Foundation will then review the proposals of these 25 finalists and will select up to 15 Levitt AMP winners, which will be announced on January 2, 2018.
Here are the step-by-step directions:
- Go to: https://grant.levittamp.org/ voter-registration-page/
- Create an account in order to vote. Fill out the online form. Be sure to write down your username and password that you create, because you will need that to log on.
- After clicking “submit” on the sign up online form, a confirmation email is sent to you with a link to activate your Levitt AMP voter account. If this email is not received in your inbox, please check your spam folder for this message (and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list), so that your voter registration can be finalized.
- Click on the activation link in your confirmation email and you are ready to start voting!
- Log in using your user name and password.
- Once logged in, click “view proposals” (located near the top of the webpage) to view all posted Levitt AMP proposals.
- Scroll down to find the “Next Act – Jasper, IN” proposal. Click “vote now” to place your vote.
- Be sure to spread the word to friends, families, colleagues, and neighbors to bring a Levitt AMP Music Series to Jasper, Indiana!
“We are excited about this opportunity for this prestigious grant. These concerts will allow us to bring more visitors to our area and encourage community engagement,” said Kevin Manley, executive director of the Dubois County Tourism.
The Next Act asks supporters to start spreading the word to family, friends, colleagues and neighbors and rally the community to sign up and vote for Jasper’s proposal.