Perspective: Trump appears presidential, finally

Since voting against Hillary (and for Trump), I have been no fan of this Trump Administration.

Finally, it appears that President Trump is learning to be a president. I thought his leadership actions comforting the victims of these recent horrific storms were admirable.

The installation of General Kelly as his chief of staff was a great move. The firing of his top aides (known white supremacists and anti-Semites) Bannon and Gorka, though coming after seven months in office, was not too late.

His efforts to solve the problem of illegal alien children (DACA) growing up in our country who may know of no other country, seems to be on track in a humanitarian way, forcing this do-nothing Republican Congress to stop with their political games and actually do something.

We can only pray he learns to govern in an equitable and judicious manner and hope that any of his past actions or that of his associates do not interfere with his ability to govern our nation.

Dan Barrett
Jasper, Ind.

7 Responses to Perspective: Trump appears presidential, finally

1. dan barrett September 18, 2017 at 11:25 am #

In addition to the above, his recent actions has made it great for our countries future to see this President reaching out to Democrats in a bipartisan effort to facilitate critical legislation forward for the benefit of all. The only thing that bothers me now is that privileged members of Trump’s staff like billionaire, Steve Mnuchin, Treasury Secretary asking for a US Government plane (at a rate of $25,000 per hour) to fly him and his wife on a honeymoon to France, Italy and Scotland, just so he can be in touch. All this, after he and his wife flew in a US Government plane to view the solar eclipse. This is simply a waste of taxpayers money by newly appointed “swamp creatures” and this administration doesn’t seem to care. I also worry about “his” idea of a wall along the US/Mexico border. His actions or lack of actions regarding North Korea. His concerns over the Iran Nuclear deal. His non belief in climate change. His plan to reduce the size of National Parks/Monuments to allow for actions by business interests. His plans to incorporate pro-business/ anti-environmental policies and his support of Israel’s free pro-abortion policy. Just to name a few concerns.

2. Jamie Eckert September 18, 2017 at 2:14 pm #

Personally I do not care either way, but are you taking into consideration him ‘hitting’ Hillary with a golf ball presidential? I would ask if you considered all of his lies to be presidential, but that is probably considered presidential.

3. dan barrett September 18, 2017 at 3:55 pm #

I agree with you Jamie. There are many actions he has done that most folks would consider un-presidential and child-like and of course his almost daily lies reflect poorly on his character. Tweeting Hillary getting hit with a golf ball he delivered must have been real funny for his child-like mindset. There are so many major problems that our nation should be addressing, yet he does such stupid childish things, wasting away time and taxpayers money. I just pray he doesn’t do any thing really stupid between now and the next chance we have to elect a new national leader, like getting into a thermo-nuclear war. I just thought I saw a glimmer of hope (though small) last week that he might be acting with a sense of maturity, behavior befitting our president and non-embarrassing. He seems to do ok as long as he sticks to the script his advisors prepare for him read. I feel sorry for him and our country. He has no business being POTUS, but unfortunately we are stuck with him until he resigns, gets impeached, or the next presidential election.

4. Jody Clem September 22, 2017 at 9:12 pm #

His “presidential ways” do not last more than a few days. He cannot keep his focus on ANYTHING that matters. And someone needs to lock him up at night (without a phone) so that he cannot get into a verbal war with a leader who has no respect for human life. I really don’t want to die.

5. dan barrett September 24, 2017 at 5:04 am #

I agree with you Jody. He is an historical embarrassment to our country. Any body that thinks he is a good President or politician that announces that they will support him and his leadership of the republican party must love a dictatorship style of government. The sooner he is removed, the safer all of us will be.

6. Scott Newton September 24, 2017 at 6:49 pm #

Miss Clem,

To me it is obvious that the “fake medias” have blinded you in additin to all the liberal eleets. Trump tell it like it is and lyou got to respect that! Would you rather have Crooked Hilary? I don’t think so. If you are afraid to die, maybe you should start reading the bible.

7. jody newton clem September 27, 2017 at 2:23 pm #

Mr. Newton (my dear brother)…..you make me laugh!! Everyone reading your response are now saying …WTH happened to Scott….has he been kidnapped by the KGB and forced to say these CRAZY things? hahaha…