The Spencer County Tourism Commission has announced six local entities will receive tourism promotion grants this year.
The tourism promotion grants are designed to support tourism efforts in Spencer County. Applicants who will receive 2018 grant dollars are: Lincoln Pioneer Village & Museum, Santa Claus Parks & Recreation Department, Lincoln Amphitheatre, the Spencer County Fair, St. Meinrad Rocks Fest, and the Trails of Santa Claus Inc.
A total of $4,250 in grants will support these tourism activities:
- A new website design for the Lincoln Pioneer Village & Museum to promote the attraction and events as well as cross-promoting surrounding activities.
- The first-person view (FPV) Race League Race Day operation fee to bring in professional drone pilots from a five-state area during the Lincoln Land Drone Festival and Santa Claus Cup Drone Race, hosted by the Santa Claus Parks & Recreation Department.
- Assistance to support Lincoln Amphitheatre during the 2018 season.
- Advertising efforts to help the Spencer County Fair reach a larger audience and promote local bicentennial events celebrating Spencer County and the City of Rockport.
- Advertising in new publications to promote the 8th annual St. Meinrad Rocks Fest.
- The addition of “Bib Chip Timing” to the Dancer’s Dash 5K, hosted by the Trails of Santa Claus Inc. during the Santa Claus Christmas Celebration.
“We are thrilled to support events that make our county’s tourism industry thrive,” said Spencer County Tourism Commission President Eric Snow. “These grants help fund efforts to grow visitation and tourism related-spending in Spencer County. We appreciate the hard work of all our grant recipients and look forward to another strong year of tourism.”