CHS hosted their Annual Meeting this past December 6-7 in Minneapolis, MN. During the meeting, nine cooperative leaders joined the Cooperative Leadership Circle and were recognized for 25 years or more of service to the cooperative system.
Superior Ag’s President and Chief Executive Officer, Barry Day, was one of the inductees honored for the 2018 Cooperative Leadership Circle. Day has 35 years of service to the cooperative system.
CHS President and CEO Jay Debertin presented commemorative watches to the Cooperative Leadership Circle inductees who attended a special reception at the annual meeting. “It’s an honor to be with such devoted leaders to the cooperative system,” said Debertin. “On behalf of CHS, we thank you for your hard work and dedication. Your experience and leadership are an inspiration to others.”
The additional 2018 Cooperative Leadership Circle honorees include:
- Robert Carlson, CEO, Premier Cooperative, Champaign, Ill., for 25 years of service
- Scot Janssen, general manager, Northern Country Cooperative, Stacyville Iowa, for 34 years of service
- Alan Manzey, general manager, Farmers Elevator Co. of Traverse, St. Peter, Minn., for 34 years of service
- Steve Mendiola, general manager, Farmers Supply Cooperative, Inc., Ontario, Ore., for 28 years of service
- Jeff Mize, CEO, Ag Plus, Inc., South Whitley, Ind., for 26 years of service
- Robert Mosby, general manager, Farmers Union Oil Co. of Embden, N.D., for 40 years of service
- Brent Oestman, general manager, Flagler Cooperative Association, Flagler, Colo., for 35 years of service
- John Pruss, general manager, United Farmers Cooperative, Red Oak, Iowa, for 31 years of service
Since 1973, CHS has honored more than 1,100 cooperative general managers and CEOs for their long service. The Cooperative Leadership Circle recognizes those leaders who have served 25 or more years, including a minimum of 10 years as manager.